Tuesday 2 September 2014

Love, Love, Love....

Oh wow - I really can't believe that it has been a whole week since I last posted - it really doesn't seem that long... My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary this weekend - we went away to Niagara-on-the-Lake for the long weekend - such a beautiful place - and great wineries too! My weekend away explains why I have spent almost no time in my craft room lately and maybe why I made a love themed card when I finally did!

The inspiration for the card came from this photo on the Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog:



I have to admit that I love the woodgrain backgound contrasted with the soft flowery skirt. I would have really like to have created a gray and white coloured card but I'm not that brave (yet) so I added some pink for contrast. 


The woodgrain background was stamped and inked using SSS Slate ink; the pink rectangle was die cut using the SSS Frames dies and inlaid into the card. The flower was stamped and white embossed on vellum and on pink shimmer cardstock (DCVW) using the Hero Arts Newspaper Flower - both were fussy cut and layered. Finally, the Love was also die cut using a Penny Black die, and some random gems and sequins were added. Anyway - I finally finished the card today so too late to enter the challenge but I thought that I would share it nonetheless. 
Supplies Used:
Stamps: Hero Arts - Newspaper Flower;Impression Obsession - Cling Stamp Woodgrain
Dies: Simon Says Stamp - Frames; Penny Black - Love
Ink: Simon Says Stamp - Slate; Versamark
Bling: Studio Calico - sequins; Zva Creative - gems
Embossing Powder: Stampendous - detail white

Even though I missed the deadline for the Addicted to Stamps Challenge, I will link to the Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday Challenge which highlights stamping in celebration of Stamptember!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment