Wednesday 3 December 2014

Joyous Noel

It has been ages since my last post - it is amazing how quickly the last few weeks have just flown by and I've really gotten very little crafty time in.

This is a card that I made on the weekend for the latest (and almost closed!) TIME OUT Challenge. The challenge is embossing with an optional twist of sparkle - so I wanted to make a card that featured three different types of embossing - and lots of sparkle!


I started out by using some embossing paste through a Memory Box stencil on the card panel. When the paste was still wet, I added some Distress Rock Candy glitter to it for some sparkle. I then die cut the Simon Says Stamp snowflakes and coated them in silver embossing powder which I heat embossed. For the greeting, I used part of an embossing folder but before I embossed the paper, I applied some Distress Ink to the folder and I sprayed it with some shimmer spray (more sparkle!). The result is that the raised part of the greeting remained white while the depressed part was watercoloured. To assemble the card, I glued the snowflakes to the card panel and then I wrapped a piece of ribbon around it (I love ribbon on Christmas cards) and glued the greeting on top. I then used foam tape to put the panel on the card base.
I will link this card to TIME OUT Challenge and also to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the challenge is anything goes.

Thanks for stopping by!
Jill


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jill :-) I love all the techniques you used here, the whole effect is awesome ! The colours and sparkle are perfect :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Just stunning. You are amazing with these bows, you can use this huge bow and still able to make this card to look CASish. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just in time!! The background is stunning and so fab to include all 3 types of embossing. Great to see you at Time out x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Jill! what a stunning card, I adore the snowflakes. I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally gorgeous, Jill - love all of the embossing, texture and sparkle! It looks like a very luxurious Christmas card. So glad you were able to get Time Out to join us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the silver snowflakes and the fabulous turquoise ribbon. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete