Saturday 6 December 2014

Season's Greetings

The challenge this week at Merry Monday is all about feathered friends - and the inspiration photo features cardinals - one of my winter favourites. We used to get a lot of them on our feeder in Montreal but I haven't seen as many around our new house - most likely since we are in a newer development with smaller trees.




I did a card with red birds a few weeks back so I decided do create something similar. This was the card from last time:


The elements that I decided to use again were the colour scheme, the die cut birds, and the background stamp. Here is what I came up with:


I used a SSS Smoke cardstock base and I stamped the Penny Black Christmas Story in the same clour ink. I then trimmed a piece of SSS Fog cardstock for the front panel. I used the My Favorite Things Out On A Limb die to cut the tree. Same as last time, I die cut the Penny Black Birds on a Wire from SSS Schoolhouse Red cardstock, covered them in Xmas Red Stickles. The music notes and greeting are from a mini Lawn Fawn stamp set, and the twine is also from Lawn Fawn.

It is really amazing how cards made from very similar elements can end up completely different! I think that I prefer the original but my husband prefers the second card. What do you think?

I will link up with Merry Monday challenge and also to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Holidays.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Jill! I remember the original and love both :) I agree that cards can look completely different with the same ingredients. The tree die cut looks great and I love the sparkly red birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Jill!! Love the sparkly red birds.
    Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that card! And how different this one looks, it is amazing, love how you have used the doe cut x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are stunning Jill, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these cards are awesome, Jill! Love the flock of red birds! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on winning at Merry Monday. This card is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jill, We loved your card at Merry Monday and it was this week's winner. I know it's a really busy time, but if you'd like to be our Guest Designer next week, I'll send you the information. Email me at bonklass(at)gmail(dot)com. Hope you can join us!

    ReplyDelete