Sunday 5 July 2015

AAA Cards - Seeing Stars!

At AAA Cards this week, we are asking you to create cards that feature stars - these can be any type of stars: patriotic stars, night time stars, or fun graphic stars. 

For my card, I decided to do something very comic book inspired - I know that I am pushing the boundaries of CAS but here it is:




To create the card, I started out with a stencil - The Crafter's Workshop Star Shower - and I traced it with a Copic multiliner onto a piece of watercolour paper. I covered the whole paper with the Star Shower design. I then die cut the centre of the design at an angle using the SSS rectangle frame die from the Frames die set. I watercloured the centre rectangle using Koi watercolours since I wanted them to be very vibrant. When I pieced it back together, I 







4 comments:

  1. I'm sure your nephew will love the card Jill, full of sizzling colour and fun.
    Great work and love your colouring. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card and I can see how it's comic book inspired. Fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a happy card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love how the colored panel sits perfectly on the plain lined panel. It's perfect for a boy and a comic book love at that. Really clever creation.

    ReplyDelete