Sunday 26 March 2017

Majestic Bloom

Happy Sunday :)

Sharing a card that I made for my MIL's upcoming birthday using Altenew's Majestic Blooms layering stamp set:

I used pinks for the flower and greens for the leaves - a played around with some combinations of Simon Says and Hero Arts inks until I found a combination that I liked. For the card, I used a Simon Says Fog card base and layered a panel of white card stock that I embossed using a Taylored Expression embossing folder. I embellished with a lot of gold - the sentiment was stamped in gold pigment ink, then layered with gold perfect pearls, some gold perfect pearls in the centre of the flowers, and a splatter of gold sequins. Because the gold was so shiny, it was hard to capture on film but I love how it looks in real life. The flowers and the Altenew Label Love greeting were popped up with foam tape.

I will link up to the following challenges:

  • The Card Concept - I was heavily inspired by the inspiration photo this week - the flowers and the distressed background... I think that my take would be clean and layered
  • Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- I used the dies for the flower, the leaves, and panel
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill

6 comments:

  1. oh that embossing folder is on my 'wish list'. Stunning layered stamping and such an elegant card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is the name of the folder?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so dreamy! Love that texture and the fabulous bits of gold. So glad you could join us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the background with the texture as well as your beautiful flower! I am sure your MIL will be thrilled by your thoughtfulness :-) Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept- hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card! That will wow her for sure! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an elegant card? I love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete