Thursday 25 May 2017

TIME OUT #84 - Inspired By Words

This week at TIME OUT, we have a challenge where we are asking you to be inspired by the following words:

'Flowers and Friends make life a garden'

We are very lucky to have Michele with us as our Guest Designer -- I am sure you are already familiar with Michele and her stunning cards - her blog I Card Everyone is a
showcase of beautiful and really creative designs.

Here is how I was inspired by the words:


I started out by applying some white embossing paste through a Forileges Design stencil to add some texture to the background. I then added the frame (die cut with some circle dies) with some foam tape before adding the Copic coloured flowers and W Plus 9 Sending die cut. The flower is from Stamplorations - a set called Bloom Sketches - I don't know what kind of flower it is so there is a pretty good chance that it shouldn't be blue....  If you like the stamp,  Stamplorations is offering a gift voucher to their store for the winner of the challenge :)   - another great reason to join the fun and play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill



12 comments:

  1. Jill this is amazing-had to pin this one for future inspiration, would love to have a go at CASEing it. Love how you added all this texture yet it is still so CAS.The flowers positioned on the circle like this really draws the eye-adore it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that white on white texture and dimension is fantastic, Jill ... such a great foil for those beautiful blue blooms ... gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, the embossed background is stunning! And the detail...gorgeous beyond measure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see on TIME OUT Challenge and found your handwritten background looks so adorable..I love the coloring flowers too
    so stunning
    your card really ADORE ABLE
    may I ask you where can I buy that lovely stencil for your background sweety? my email is monik1973 at yahoo dot com
    many many thanks :)
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay: quilty! I just had to pin this one; it is so stunning! Love the background, the round frame, the beautiful coloured flowers and that raised sentiment; super! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill you are causing some stamp/coloring envy! OH so beautiful ... thanks for your sweet words - such a joy to participate with you girls!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! This is STUNNING! I love the blue and the ombre sentiment! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue is my favorite color so already that is enough to make me love this card but I do all other elements of it too -especially the texture in the bg and the two-tone sentiment. I have this die too but have forgotten about it, thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply gorgeous. Love the blue flowers and blue ombre sentiment. Just so striking all together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Jill. I love the embossed background. Love al ombre "sending". The flowers set on the circle frame look wonderful and I had to laugh at your comment that whatever flower they are, they probably shouldn't be blue. Well, blue works great for them here, so blue wins. Fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blue flowers with the circle frame! And the embossed background adds wonderful white texture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really gorgeous, Jill! Your blue flowers are so pretty and I love how you created the ombre effect for your die cut sentiment! Love how you added texture to the background with your paste, too...Really striking card!

    ReplyDelete