Thursday 15 February 2018

TIME OUT#103 - Hobbies

Welcome to another TIME OUT Challenge - this week, we are challenging you to make cards with a hobby theme:




The optional twist of this challenge is to make a one-layer card based on the theme - and as an added incentive, our wonderful sponsor CAS-ual Fridays, is offering a $20 gift voucher to a random entry that included the twist.

I decided to focus on music as a hobby - here are my cards:



For both cards, I used our sponsor stamp set Big Treble. I stamped the large treble clef using Salty Ocean, Mustard Seed and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks - and then did some no line watercolouring to fill them in. The greetings are from the same stamp set.

Our wonderful Guest Designer this week is Ashwini from Experiments in Cardmaking, Etc - her cards are always beautiful and so creative so we are lucky to have her with us :)

We can't wait to see how our theme will inspire you - so make sure to take some TIME OUT and play along with us!

Thanks for stopping by!
Jill



9 comments:

  1. I do love that first sentiment. And I love the bright and cheerful colours in this-I am trying to work out how you water coloured here-think we will have to chat about this in April! Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. The color spectrum on both of these are so stunning Jill. And I absolutely adore the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your watercoloring looks amazing, I love the blend of colors, wonderful rainbow look! Great job with these stamps, you've showcased them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great sentiment! Love all the fresh colours and the way the black panel on the first reminds me of a blackboard... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooo Jill - these are both wonderful cards. I love the colors and you have blended them beautifully. I also love the varied placement of the clefs on the first as compared the the in-line placement of the clefs on the second. Just fantastic. They are PERFECT for Darnell's Twofer Challenge BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don’t know how you did such amazing watercolouring and blending of these rainbow colours, but both versions are beautiful. Perfect depiction of your music hobby. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards a really very pretty! Love how you stamped/watercolored the music notes. Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning pair of cards. So colorful and fun. And, now I know that you love music--playing or listening or both?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such delicious colours, Jill ... and fantastic no line water colouring ... there's a wonderful lightness to them ... kin of cantabile! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete